Thursday, 30 December 2010
Applying visual styles : In addition to the shortcut to the WindowBlinds Advanced Config window in your Start menu, you can change WB visual styles and settings from either the Skins or Appearance tab in Display Properties.
Set the skin to Windows Classic to not use a WB skin on startup (or use the options on the Skins tab or in the Advanced Config window).
WindowBlinds has been designed and tested to be as compatible with with thousands of applications and pieces of hardware available. Its memory load is quite low (unless you are using complex skins with lots of animation) and any oddities with specific apps can generally be worked around quickly (see the Troubleshooting section of the online help file for more information).
Here are some key features of "WindowBlinds":
· Apply color to skins
· Skin Windows Start Bar and Explorer
· Add animations to your start panel
· Skin different programs with different skins
· Add more title bar buttons (roll-up, etc..)
· Change color/hue/brightness on the fly
· Change progress animations
· Skin scrollbars and toolbar icons
· Apply textures to Aero skins
· 1GHz or faster processor recommended
· 60MB free drive space
· 256MB RAM
· A 16MB DirectX 8 or later compatible video card with appropriate driver support is required for per-pixel alpha-blended skins. Some integrated graphics solutions and lower-end cards from before 2004 may not be able to use per-pixel skins.
What's New in This Release:
· Native support for Windows 7
· Native Aero skinning for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
· Native 64-bit support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
· Auto-conversion of Windows XP era skins to Windows Vista or Windows 7
· Ability to apply textures to skins
· A new, easy to use configuration program
· Native Clear-Type support for better font handling
· New Skin format called UIS0 for skinning Aero (takes hours instead of days to create a new skin).
· New WindowBlinds 7 skins included such as Submline, Aero Metals, Corporate, Aero Woods, Aero Clay, Sabertooth along with new WindowBlinds 7 skins being released soon after to the public such as Altitude.
· Option to have a random skin applied each logon
· Much better customization of fonts
· Massive performance improvements in applying of skins.
· Optimization of Windows Vista and Windows 7 DWM drawing to improve battery life on laptops.
· Aero skinning (UIS0) is 100% compatible (it’s Aero) with all Windows programs.